? about Mirena IUD

so, i went to the nurse at work today because lately i have had a problem that when i do anything repetitively (like bending over to pick something up, stretching or leaning) i have been getting this pinching feeling around my pelvic bone area. it does not feel like period cramps, but rather someone or something is pinching at my insides and it hurts like hell.

also, i have had the issue that i cannot feel my "strings" on my iud anymore... do you ladies think it is related? the nurse at work thinks so and i have a gynecologist appointment Weds morning.

has anyone else been through this? what did you go through at the doctor?

CatesMom0816

Asked by CatesMom0816 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you cant find the string, you need to go see your doctor. it can become inbedded in your uterus and cause serious problems. you need to go in asap.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• All these things sound related to a problem with your IUD. If I were you, I would make an appointment for tomorrow and not wait for Wednesday. I was researching Mirena and decided not to get it because so many women reported similar problems to the ones you are having. Good Luck!
    LaurenMichele

Answer by LaurenMichele at 9:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2009