Did president Obama say they were having a "holiday tree" instead of a Christmas tree? Or is this a rumor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Maybe he just used that word instead of the traditional word. But it means the same thing I believe.
    Anonymous

• The Obama's don't celebrate Christmas. Aren't they a lovely Christian family?
    Anonymous

• Yes he said that. more PC bullshit. Wonder what they will call the Star of David now?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I haven't heard that yet.
    But it reminds me of years past - when some Jewish folks would always refer to Christmas trees as Holiday trees. People have been trying to deminish America's Special Events days for years now - and it seems to be working, doesn't it ???
    Too Bad, because I like America's historical events with their original names. . . .
    KELLI2L

Answer by KELLI2L at 6:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Wonder what they will call the Star of David now?

The (Rock) Star of Obama? lol

Anonymous

• Jewish folks

?

I think it was probably more the agnostics, pagans, athiests, etc.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What a nice change.
    Anonymous

• Yes and its a shame. I mean its a CHRISTMAS tree! If the President in the White House is a Christian which Obama claims he is he should call it a Christmas tree. Why would that offend anyone? Thats the same as asking Jewish people to call a dreidel something else because not everyone is Jewish. I mean come on. When is enough enough in this country?
    Anonymous

• If he did, I dont see what the problem is? Maybe his family doesnt celebrate the commercial part of Christmas. Maybe they are devout Christians that do not believe that anything other than the birth of Jesus is important for that holiday. Or maybe they celebrate Kwanzaa.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 6:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

^^^^^^^^Excellent point, that

Can some Lib answer this?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2009