Pain in my legs

Every once in a while when i'm standing at work i'm getting a sharp pain in my legs it comes and goes, along with pain in my back. i'm 25 weeks pregnant and i dont think that i'm going to make it. I get home and all i can do is go to bed because i dont want to stand to do anything. What i can i do to help ease the pain?

shorttie05

Asked by shorttie05 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its called sciatica pain. its very very common in pregnancy. I've been dealing with it most my life due to an injury. Honestly, the best thing you can do is stretch. here's a link to some stretching options: http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/exercise/overview-sciatica-exercises the one that has worked best for me personally is standing, then putting my foot on top of a chair behind me(one tall enough so you feel a bit of a stretch in your thigh but not much in the resting position) and the top of your foot should be placed on the chair, so that your knee bends into a wide "v" shape, then bend other leg so that you move straight down. you'll feel a real stretch on your top thigh and around your knee. Then switch. it sucks and is awful but really, no OTC painkillers (especially pregnancy friendly ones) are going to help. they tell me ice helps, but sometimes I have luck with moist heat. good luck!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009