She can't believe I let him crawl on my nasty carpet! Venting question about evil future step-MIL's.

So FIL and his fiance were in town visiting and I heard from my step-aunt that she made some nasty comments about me and how I keephouse.. Two reasons: One, my windows are dirty. Jeez. I am sorry. I clean the insides regularly but I just haven't gotten to the outsides lately. Two, my carpet is all stained up. My dog mainly. One time she got into the pantry and got out the crisco and ate it in the middle of the dining room; Less ate and more drug everywhere. Then she got into our barn, stepped in an oil pan and came in the house covered in oil and dirt and ran all over. And then DH spilled an entire thing of koolaid in my living room. So yeah, my carpet is stained. I thought: Buy me the 2k worth of carpet or shut up. But then she apparently said this: "And I can't believe she lets that baby crawl on that nasty carpet - he's going to get a disease or something". WTH? Evil MIL??? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My question is how do I not be a total biatch next time I see her since she obviously put into question my ability to be a good mom.???
    Anonymous

• oil, crisco and kool aid stains, plus general dirt.....sorry, but it does sound gross! have you tried hiring a professional carpet cleaning company or renting a steam cleaner?
    Anonymous

• Just ignore it! CLearly she negative minded, don't allow yourself to stoop to that level.
    Anonymous

• Uh! yeah I think she is right but if you do leave your baby like this the baby will get used to this type of living. I mean think about it why is it when you drop something on the floor you automatically throw it away so don't be offended, lots of people might think like you that there is no problem but to me I have to agree with her. But you are right she has no right to say anything about anything until someone offers to pay for something they don't like they need to keep their thoughts to themselves. I guess for now just lay out a big comforter or something to seperate the baby and the floor I'd hate for the baby to get sick. GL
    Anonymous

• Id buy a piece of rubber dog poop and let the baby crawl to it the next time shes over. LOL She sounds like a real Gem! Id just kill her with kindness and know that your house is clean and ur baby is just fine. Stains are stains and suck for that. lol So let it go or mess with her a little bit. They also sell this nail polish that looks like its spilled. I have it and get a kick out of pulling it on ppl! lol Have fun with the witch!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• What do you think?
    Do you think it is safe for the baby?
    That is the real question nothing else matters, I agree with anonymous @ 5:40 try laying a blanket or something until you get it cleaned.
    Anonymous

• BTW, sometimes stains just don't come out. If you have cleaned it thourghly, and it just wont come out. I wouldn't worry about it. Or you could tell your MIL that you wish you had some extra cash laying around b/c you cant seem to get the stains out of your carpet.
    Anonymous

• And NEVER let someone make doubt your ability as a parent! You dont owe ANYONE an explanation for ANYTHING
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It isn't nice of her to say that but at least now you know. Have your DH ask her for a loan to get the carpet professionally cleaned. Times are tough, if she's so offended, she can pitch in and help. Ignore her.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• make you doubt*
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009