? about Mirena IUD

so, i went to the nurse at work today because lately i have had a problem that when i do anything repetitively (like bending over to pick something up, stretching or leaning) i have been getting this pinching feeling around my pelvic bone area. it does not feel like period cramps, but rather someone or something is pinching at my insides and it hurts like hell.

also, i have had the issue that i cannot feel my "strings" on my iud anymore... do you ladies think it is related? the nurse at work thinks so and i have a gynecologist appointment Weds morning.

has anyone else been through this? what did you go through at the doctor?

CatesMom0816

Asked by CatesMom0816 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• I had Mirena twice, after my son was born I had it for five years, then I had my daughter I decided to use mirena again I had so many problems with it, the second time my body just could not take it any more, I would hurt all the time, after sex with my husband was the worse, I cramped it pinched, I felt like I have a long sliver in between my cervics.I lost my sex drive a little to and I am only 24!! It hurt so bad then in augest I was sitting on my couch and I felt like I was getting fat I felt like the chick form the willy wonka show that ate the blueberry! I gained 50 pounds cause my body started reacting to my IUD It was water weight! I had to get it out, at the ER I lost ten pounds almost instantly!! Then I felt like I had a huge sliver removed, and the pain went away, the doctors did not know what was going on my body just rejected the IUD the second time around. I hope this helps
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I had mirena in for a year and started to have constant pain and a cyst on my ovaries(that burst causing lots of pain). The docs didn't know what was causing it... i finally told them to take out the IUD even though they were against it (cuz it costs so much to get it put in). The pain went away almost instantly.

Like above poster said it was like getting a huge sliver taken out.

have had no pain since....except now im finding it more difficult to get pregnant been off BC for a year and still nothing....but im not ACTIVELY trying just not actively NOT trying lol

Good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• ok i have problems with it too.. ive been getting bad migrains they make me puke and i cant do anything i have three children and i cant be having those.. but every month for ten days i have this.. i also cant lose weight no matter what i excersise and diet.. nothing.. i am also cramping im getting it taken out i just have to save the money up to do so.. ive had this is for a year.. and im still spotting out of no where... i just cant take it anymore..
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009