Please Help...I need heartburn relief.

I'm 2mos pregnant and I have terrible heartburn. I'm about to send my DH to the pharmacy.. Is there anything I can take that is more effective than tums and safe for pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no.
    Anonymous

• I was allowed to take zantac by my doc.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• yes
    I went to the emergency room 2 times during my pregnancy because the excessive vomit from heartburn and acid reflux was prohibiting me from keeping down liquids and I was getting spells of dehydration.

Go get Zantac
    I tried tums, rolaids, maalox, Mylanta...basically everything extra or maximum strength and it didnt work

Zantac is the only thing that helped and my doctor said it was fine
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• get pepcid complete the chewable pills it's safe for pregnancy and works pretty well you can take 2 a day
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 6:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• also, stay away from soft drinks, greasy foods etc. and eat pineapple, papaya. chew very well when you eat and dont' lay down after meals. With my first I had really bad heartburn my entire pregnancy, o the point where I would throw up at times. These are just some of the things you can do as well, and they do work.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Tums and Maalox. I actually find that drinking milk helps, although most people will say not to drink milk.
    Anonymous

• Id have your dh ask the pharmacist when he goes
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Get some papaya enzyme tablets

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Oooo. Where can you find the papya enzyme tablets? We don't have a health food store in my town. We have one very tiny natural meds store and a Vitamin Shoppe.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009