Can you give me your favorite Chuck Roast recipe

ok, so I am going to cook a Chuck Roast tomorrow. Can you give me your favorite recipe? I really am at a loss as to what to do with it. I have a picky family, but I am going to attempt this anyways.

nicky5053

Asked by nicky5053 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i get baby carrots potatoes an some onion an put it all together in a crock pot with the roast add water! an i cook it all day! its so good!
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 6:58 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• A pkg of onion soup mix, carrots, potatos, celery, onion, and 1/2 head of cabbage (not cut up) put in crock pot for 7-8 hours and remove the cabbage before serving (it's only for flavor)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I put all my roasts in the crock pot. With garlic, onions, seasoning, water. I let it cook all day. I use the juice of the roast to make gravy. With cornstartch and mushroom soup.

Answer by louise2 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I like to use 0ven bags. A couple tablespoons of flour shaken around the inside of the bag. Put the roast in. red potatoes or halved baking potatoes. We love carrots so I put an entire bag of trimmed, peeled carrots cut in haf. One yellow onion quartered. After that I either take one pouch of Lipton onin soup mix add to one cup cold water pour over top, cut two slits in the bag and cook according to the roasts weight at 325. There is always a guide on the box. If I don't have the onion soup mix or want something else I freely sprinkle fresh cracked pepper and garlic pwder over meat and veggies, add about 3/4 a cup of water and bake as directd.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Why is Chuck being punished by roasting?
    Anonymous

• LOO, Anon!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i actually do something different with chuck roasts, I use them to make beef tips and rice. I put in a crock pot 21 can of cream of mushroom soup 1-2 cans of milk (more milk equals thinner sauce) mushrooms and the meat and i let it cook all day, then at dinner time i cook a pot of rice serve meat and sauce over rice and voila beef tips and rice!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Anon, give me another way to cook it.
    nicky5053

Answer by nicky5053 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• oops that should be 2 cans not 21 lol!!!
    elananme

• Put a chuck roast in the crock pot. Pour one pack of italian dressing mix, one pack ranch dressing mix, and a pack of brown gravy. Put 1/4 cup of water on top and cover. Cook on high 3 hours or on low for around 6 or until roast falls apart. Really good with rice. Then serve all your fav veggies with it. If you haven't checked out Crock Pot Mom group, go give it a look. So many great recipes there!
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 7:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2009