does anybody know If it is normal for a "devout muslim" to frequent a strip club?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573052,00.html

Don't a lot of religions frown on that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They aren't supposed to, but a great many do. I gather Muslims don't pay any more attention to their history than most Americans. It was the alcohol and drug abuse that allowed the corruption within the Ottoman Empire that was mostly responsible for it's downfall.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• didn't read the story..but i can say DEVOUT muslims don't frequent night clubs, strip clubs or parties that have forbidden things within them. .. now maybe i'll go read the story...maybe
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I don't know about devout, but my girlfriend worked in a club and she said muslim guys were there all the time--LOL--who knows why???
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Well I am sure a lot of devout whatevers frequent strip clubs. Don't try to knock him being Muslim and liking strippers as proof he was an extremist. I know lots of Christians who do unchristian like things I know many Catholics who do very unCatholic like things same for some Jews I know and many other religions. Just because one practices it doesn't mean they will always follow through.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• lol, oxymoron there.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• he was a 40-year old virgin. i think he was gay. but being in the military, you don't ask, you don't tell! lololol
    Anonymous

• ok read the story....if it's true, he has definitely transgressed in that as a muslim he shouldn't be frequenting this types of places and should stay far away from them.. however we all sin and well... that's not a reflection of religion but of a person being humanly faulty and falling for the tricks of the devil. I can't see why anyone would lie about a story like this..and i could see why he wouldn't want to go to places where others may know him.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• So Islam is the only religion whose members don't like to oggle a stripper every now and then? These are the people that have the "reward of the virgins" you know!
    Anonymous

• So Islam is the only religion whose members don't like to oggle a stripper every now and then?

where did she say that?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I guess men will be men no matter which religion they practice:)
    Anonymous