sleeping schedule

help me im have a hard time getting my 6 months old to sleep durning the day.. she wakes up about 7 am down for a nap about 11 am - 12pm after that she wont take another nap.. help im exausted..

lilmama209

Asked by lilmama209 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When nursing to sleep fails, the sling/ergo always works. I put him in the ergo earlier to do some housework because he got a really short nap in the car and wouldn't go back to sleep... and he passed out after a while. The motion and closeness is what does it.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• How long is this one nap.. ? If it's 2 1/2 hours or more, sorry hun, that is all she is probably going to nap.

Have you tried changing what time you give the nap? Sometimes babies just want different times for napping. My son gets up at 6:30 am or so and takes a nap at 10 am or so, and then another nap at 2 or 3 pm, both 1.5 or 1 hour in length adding up to 2 1/2 hours of naps, usually.

And if she won't take another nap or nap at different times, why don't you just try putting her to -bed- slightly earlier?

And, anything can mess up the napping.. teething, new skills, new world to examine and play in.. remember everything in this life is new to her so it is all very exciting.. the idea of napping is not that great to them comparing to exploring and examining this new life they have..

I know it is tiring though, so if she refuses to nap when you're tired -- put her in a walker/bouncy for a little bit..
    Anonymous