Can any one tell me what kind of carpet is good for kids?we are thinking of getting a new one installed, but the online choices are just mind boggling.what do you search for?I want a carpet that does not stain easily and flatten out easily.also should be easy to clean and feel luxurious as I have a 2 yr old and expecting another.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• A sustainable wood, like bamboo, will hold up better and won't release toxic fumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• If you really want carpeting with kids. I would recommend the carpet tiles. Some of them are quite nice and when your child is doing his homework on the living room floor and the pen explodes. You can just replace that square of carpet and not the entire thing! LOL Yes this happened to me and it was blue ink and beige carpet and nothing could get it out.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Nylon carpet is a bit more expensive, but is softer and holds up better than polyester or olefin, which are notoriously "cheap". If you really want to fork over a few extra bucks for great carpet, go with a "solution dyed" nylon. It is stain resistant and won't crush and mat. But even the regular nylon is good too, you'll just need to make sure that you're protecting it by having scotchguard or Teflon applied. And truly, one of THE most important factors in how well your carpet performs and how long it lasts is how well you take care of it. You should have it cleaned using truckmounted hot water extraction at least once a year by a certified professional. That 's what is going to make you happy with your carpet. And if the carpet comes with a warranty, that type of professional cleaning is probably going to be required anyway, because the manufacturers know that's what it takes to get the best life from the carpet. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I have bamboo floors and love them! Super easy to clean.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009