any one own a food saver device?

Im thinkin about the things that vacuum out the air from food packages, and allow you to freeze bulk items in smaller amts.? Does anyone have one and use it?! did it save money!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I LOVE my FoodSaver. I used it A LOT when my husband was deployed. I used it to buy bulk pork chops and chicken and seal 2 breasts or 3 pork chops at a time. I used it to send him brownies, cookies, and bread. He said they tasted very fresh. I also would vacuum seal leftover roast or something and use it for soup later on.

The bags are expensive, but you can use the Seal-A-Meal bags with it and they cost half of what the bags are.

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• tip- they are often at the goodwill for less than ten dollars

what costs the most is food saver bags

but yes they are awesome to have around. buy one used if you can
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I love mine and use it to repackage into meal size quantities when I buy in bulk.
    obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 8:26 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I got one at the thrift store, still in a box (box had been opened but it had never been used; could tell since it was still in plastic). Cost me about ten bucks but yeah the rolls of plastic for bags are expensive but worth the cost. I use it all the time. I freeze meat and leftovers (you can boil the leftovers in water right in the bag). It really saves you from throwing away leftovers. Also I use it to keep my brown sugar fresh. I just take out what i need & reseal. It's great.
    Anonymous