Any Paci Weaning experts out there??

As a Mom of 17 years, I have never had to deal with this one. My Hannah can start her own paci anonymous group. I have a 17 month old who is addicted to her paci. I never did nor do I believe in CIO and she was BF until 16mths, so just letting her scream isn't an option. How did you break the paci? Thanks!!

kellynh

Asked by kellynh at 7:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do what Supernanny does and make an event out of it. Explain to her that shes a big girl and that she needs to send her pacis to the babies that need them. Have her put them in an envelope and mail them to the babies. Tell her that she will receive a package in the morning from the babies to thank her. Go out and buy something that will make her feel special and grown up. Like a new sippy cup, toy, game, movie etc....Have her package waiting by the door in the morning and make a big deal of it being there. Have her go out and see it and open it. Make her feel proud that she helped the "babies" !! GL :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 9, 2009