how much should a 5 month old baby eat? formula only, no breast milk. I currently feed her on demand. She takes about 5 or 6 oz every 3 or 4 hours. Totaling, 24 hrs a day and taking a little rice cereal by spoon in the am. My friend said she isn't eating enough. Thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats good. dont listen to ur friend
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• As long as ur baby is happy then she is fine I think that is enough my daughter didnt start eating 6 ozs tell around 6 to 8 mths didnt start eating 8 ozs tell like 10 mths. I wouldnt listen to ur friend as long as she is gaining weight she is fine and plenty of wet and dirty diapers.
    Anonymous

• She should be drinking 32-40 oz of formula a day, total. If she's in that range, even a little more, she's fine. And this is according to multiple doctors AND nutritionists.
    Anonymous

• Yeah don't listen to your friend, i have a 11 month old and she was eating that much when she was that age, i would not be worried if she starts wanting more, mine did. as long as she is at a average weight for her age then she should be just fine
    leeann414

Answer by leeann414 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Sounds perfect. Too many people think babies are Thanksgiving turkeys to be stuffed.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009