If a home nurse tells you they're coming to your house and don't show up that means?

I'm assuming she's a flake and too busy what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• Contact the doctor or organization who referred him or her. Or his or her employer.

Answer by Bmat at 8:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It means it's time to call the office that they are employed through, and ask why they haven't arrived. Then fire them. At the very least, you are owed a phone call if your visiting nurse isn't able to come if not from them, then from the agency! I'm sorry this happened to you.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:23 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I used to be a homecare nurse and I think it is inexcusable not to at least call and re-schedule. Occasionally, an emergency can happen taking up more time than she planned for but she should at least call you. I guess the only excuse I can think of is that she became ill herself, called her agency and was told that someone else would call you and THAT person flaked.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• as bmat said....call who ever they are employed through usually the local social service office, and report them and ask for a more reliable nurse with references.
    mama28th

Answer by mama28th at 8:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yeah I'd call her boss and let them know what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 11:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Agreed with everyone...contact her boss
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• She lives south of me pretty far away,so I can see why she doesn't want to come in.I'm kinda thinking I don't need the nurse so badly now,so in a way it's good but I could still use someone a little bit.so I'll be calling for a new nurse.
    Anonymous