Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need a answear! asap

my 10 month old temp. is 100.3
should I try to bring it down? or wait till morning and see a doc?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (8)
  • an anal temp normally is around that high. although I know first hand that I wasn't at east until my doctor reassured me. So it won't hurt to give your doctor a call if you are still concerned.

    Answer by mama28th at 8:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • That isn't very high, in my opinion (not in the health care field.) I would take the temp again in an hour or two and then feel the baby before I went to bed to make sure the fever doesn't go up very high. I wonder if you should call the doctor on call and ask. I hope the little one feels better soon.

    Answer by Bmat at 8:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • I would wait until morning. 100.3 isn't high enough to be an emergancy. you may want to make sure your baby is not overdressed because that could make the temp higher. Is your baby fussy or anything? could it be teething? These are some things to consider. I would not just give tylonel if its a low grade fever.

    Answer by Precious333 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • Do you have infant motrin or tylenol? My doctor always recommended Tylenol first. I would give my daugter a half a dropper of the concentrated...3 ml i think it is...but just depends on whether you are ok giving your child medicine really. otherwise, i would wait to see if it gets higher...

    Answer by december911 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • where did you take it?

    Answer by piwife at 8:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • I would give him Tylenol my daughter also had a fever today around 100.5 first I got her undressed a waited about 15 min before taking it then I gave her Tylenol and it went down know its normally if ur baby is teething it can cause its temp to go up his he still playing and everything if he his still doing everything and theres really no change in his behavior then its probably just teething. what I do is give her a bath and give her Tylenol and then put her to bed in the morning if it is not down or it is higher then I would call the dr and see what he says just to be shore.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • norman rectal temp is 100.4

    Answer by piwife at 8:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

  • A little tylenol or motrin should help. Call the Dr. in the morning if you feel he needs to be seen. Good luck Mama. I know it's scary when they run a fever, 100.3 is not a big one at 10 months

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.