Ever wish you could change your life?

I'm always thinking and remembering my past and wish things could've been different. I have a good life but I also miss the past. Is there anyone out there who still dreams of the past? I just can't let it go and sometimes I wish I could just start over.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I've had good times in the past, but I am always looking ahead to see what will happen next. There have been very bad times in the past, too. Sometimes I think that I miss my father terribly, and my grandmothers, and when the children were small, but some things about my life are better now than they were in those times, more freedom to do what I like, for example, having a computer, grandchildren.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I do think about the past but I love my life now and if I had continued down the path I was on in my 20's I don't think I'd be alive today. I'm looking forward to the future.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Nope, I prefer to look to the future.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• small things I would change... but I am very happy where I am
    Anonymous

• ....yes. a lot..
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I think about the past just like you are speaking of, but then I think about how I wouldn't be the person I am today if the past hadn't played out just like it did. We all play the "what if" game, but the past truly does make us the people we have become.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The only reason I see to think about it now is to remember the people in my life who've passed on, and to remember lessons I learned.
    Who doesn't wish some things had been different, but it's not, it is what it is and it's made us who we are today.
    Our kids may have never been born and for sure wouldn't look the way they do, act they way they do, or be the same as they are period.
    Enjoy today, look forward to tomorrow and learn from yesterday.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• While I regret where I went to school because I wish I had been a better educated consumer before choosing a college, that's where I met my Dh. So the only thing I would change is the fact that Dh and I didn't get to have any couple time before we had our son. I got prenant while we were engaged and for our sakes I wish we had had that time, but I adore our son and wouldn't change him for the world.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:32 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yea I do all the time. There is some stuff I would change, and alot of stuff I would want to relive.
    LnAsMom16

Answer by LnAsMom16 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• only thing i would change is getting my diploma..still workin on it..I hate the "sperm donor" of my son...but I would never change being with him cuz I'd never have my son. other than that I LOVE MY LIFE
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 9, 2009