Has anyone ever stripped all the color from her hair?

I am thinking of doing this, but i wonder if it damages the hair.

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 8:47 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I've done it. It hurts really bad (almost like burning your skin) and it makes your hair feel really thin with no volume or texture. It's not worth it, in my opinion. If you're wanting to go back to your natural color, I'd recommend gradually lightening or darkening your hair (depending on your current shade) until you get close to your natural color.
    GabriellaM

Answer by GabriellaM at 1:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• YES. And I will NEVER do it again. I'm trying to grow my hair out now and it's been sooo difficult!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 8:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I just did it a few months ago. My hair was black and my natural hair color is blonde. I wanted to get back to my natural color, or as close as I could. Well I was afraid to do it myself, so a friend of mine goes to beauty school, and her teacher allowed me to come in and let me be the guinea pig while they were learning about color correction. It took 8 hours, and they bleached it FOUR times. My hair felt like straw, and had a major headache after it was all said and done. Plus they had to dye my hair after stripping all the color, and it still isn't blonde, but it is light brown. But my hair is really healthy,and feels really soft still. My suggestion is if you do it, go to sally's and get this stuff they have for deep conditioning. You leave it in for 10 minutes, and it helps keep your hair healthy. I can't remember what it's called, but its only like $1 and it's in a little envelope.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• yes it will ruin your hair.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 10:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I've done it several times. Many times the at home version you can do leaves your hair a bright orange to a banana yellow, and then you are supposed to use the hair dye of the color you want on top of that. All those chemicals take their toll on your hair. The last time I tried it, it fried my hair and it started falling out, I had to cut it down to one inch. I no longer dye my hair now, I'd rather have my grays and bland brown/blonde color that have no hair or fried hair.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009