Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

My 10 month old daughter has hand, foot and mouth disease. She's been sick since Friday and although her temperature is almost back to normal, she is still miserable. I've been giving her tylenol and lots of TLC but is there anything else I can do? She has sores in the back of her throat and her knees and feet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• Well antibiotics won't make the infection go away any quicker, it's a virus, but will prevent any of the sores from being infected. Good news is that your daughter will be on the mend soon. Call the ped about pallative care for comfort. Ask about benadryl, what ever dose she's allowed give it to her in 3 doses, the antihistamie in it will help to dry up the sores in her mouth. You can also give her motrin, might help. Hope she feels better soon
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• our doc gave us some low-dose antibiotics to stop the swelling and help them heal quicker
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• my son just had this
    his dr told us to use cortizone 10 on his feet abd legs
    and to swish a little malox in his mouth

liadotwtd

Answer by liadotwtd at 1:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2009