Which wolf wins??

The battle is between two wolves inside us.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

Which wolf wins??

The answer is simple.... the one you feed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it is true. It reminds me of Galations 6:7-8, "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

We reap what we sow. And if I am feeding my spirit with good things, good things will grow in my life. If I am feeding my mind with junk, then stinky things will begin to grow in my life.

I like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I always loved this analogy!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Did you know it comes from an old Cherokee legend? I think it was Cherokee
    KristiS11384

• I recognize this too.... love it! Yup, it's Cherokee. Kinda sums it all up I think.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:40 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Why are sorrow and regret evil? Is REAL pride not evil then?

I've seen love and faith lead to all the evils mentioned, so are they pathways to evil and if so, then how can you say the are good?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

I think the distinction is between how it makes you feel. So because sorrow and regret are unpleasant emotions to feel they are lumped in with the "Evil Wolf"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• may be it is considered evil b/c those words assume you have done something to regret or feel sorrow for and you fed that evil wolf by doing so
    Anonymous

• I could regret not having a dollar to put in the donation box as I walk through the doors of the grocery store. How is that evil? I'm bad because I wish I had money to donate to the poor?

I could feel sorrow over the death of my cat. How is that evil? I'm bad because I loved my kitty and will miss petting her?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• true...but my point is that you have regret and sorrow when you are guilty or feel guilty about something so I can see why it is under Evil.
    Anonymous

• this is beautiful & really speaks to how we affect our own happiness. a great reminder that we are in control of what we say & do, but that the more negative things we focus on the more negative our lives will be.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009