Possible miscarriage???

Last week, I had some of my famous symptoms of pregnancy.. (nausea and my breast were tender and sore). I took a pregnancy test Saturday and it came up negative. Yesterday I started spotting and than it turned into a 'period'. Today, I am in so much pain. Cramping in my abdomen and thighs. My lower back is in severe pain. The blood is bright bright red. I looked up symptoms and i have every symptom of miscarriage (except for the clotting but from what i found and a friend i talked to.. the clots can come a little later). has anyone taken a test that was negative and turns out they were about to miscarry. I don't have health insurance at the moment. I do plan on calling a doctor tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it depends on if you were late or not. The clots might not even be there if it were a miscarriage if you were only a few weeks...however, that would also lead me to believe it's not a miscarriage at all. Probably just a bad period this month. It happens. Generally, if you miscarry that early, you wouldn't have any symptoms other than a normal period because the baby is still so small at that point. And if you were farther along than that, the test may have still shown up positive even if you were about to miscarry...and possibly for a day or so after. But, you are calling a doctor tomorrow which is good...cuz I'm no medical professional!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• As long as it's not an excessive amount of blood then you shouldn't have to go in. You should also be able to just call and speak with a doc or nurse by phone free of charge.
    Anonymous

• after I had a miscarriage I was told that a test would be positive for up to 6 weeks, but I was much further along and had to have a d&c
    Anonymous