Can anyone suggests an insurance that has Maternity coverage? My husband and I have to buy our own coverage and live in Illinois.

butterflymom8

Asked by butterflymom8 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I live in NC, but we are covered through BCBS of Illinois under my DH's work plan and I have maternity. We have a high deductible but only pay a small percentage after that.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 9:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I meant to add I am not sure if they offer individual coverage, but it is something you could look into.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 9:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster! Very high deductible! But I know here in Texas that's practically the only insurance OBGYNs will take.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. BCBS Ilinois has good coverage, and even though the deductable is high, it's worth it! Good luck,Hon!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Also check out short term disablity (colonial life has a plan, pretty reasonable), otherwise AFLAC has a short term disablity as well (covers maternity)....HOWEVER both plans will cover it up to 12 weeks ONLY after you have had the plan for at least 10 months.....good luck.
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Yes u have group ins if ur employer pays for it or most it. they r required to have maternity coverage. Our problem is we r self employed and need Individual insurance cuz we dont qualify for group ins offered to employers. I have looked at so many and only found one which is coventryone ins. with a 2500 ded. for $2400 amonth
    butterflymom8

Answer by butterflymom8 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i mean $2400 a year
    butterflymom8

Answer by butterflymom8 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I have high ded ins thru coventry I hate it but its what's offered thru my employer. And my ded is $3000
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• And I can't give any advice on the matter b/c I'm eligible for Medicaid when I get pg again and that's what my DS has for his insurance. So sorry I wish I could help. But my rec.would be stay away from covebntry its not worth it.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• $2400 per year with $2500 deductible is VERY cheap. Other options you might try are calling a local agent and asking if they have any self-employed groups you can join - by pooling in one group you might get a better rate.

My employer covers my insurance, and I pay about $500 per month to cover my kids (that's $6000 just for the kids!).
    Anonymous