My 15 month old daughter is still up at least once a night and wont go back to sleep untill she sleeps with us. Any advice on how to stop this?

ArMyWiFeY81508

Asked by ArMyWiFeY81508 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well, yes.. but only the obvious one that will take weeks of no sleep for the family.... sorry
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My answer is tough love. If she is still in her crib it will be easier because, hopefully, she can't get out yet. Just don't go to her and she will fall back asleep eventually. It takes about 3 days for her to sleep through and not wake up anymore. It's hard, but just turn off the monitor and let her cry. My son cried for an hour the first night, but he got the point. Good luck!
    LaurenMichele

Answer by LaurenMichele at 10:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Kids are smart and they know what they need to do to get their own way so your daughter knows to keep crying and eventually she will go to sleep with mommy and daddy. That is where it is comfortable and safe. You need for her to learn to go back to sleep on her own. And as long as she is in no hard, let her cry it out. My son was the same way and it took one long night and two or three shorter ones before he realized he was not going to win the battle anymore.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• try setting some soft music or something that will be soothing to her
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:18 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I'm also having this problem with my son. He's 13 months old and has just started getting up in the middle of the night crying for no reason. Sometimes I have to give him his pacifier and he'll go back to sleep but other times he just screams until I put him to sleep in my arms. I've tried the whole let him cry it out thing but it doesn't seem to work on him.
    Familygal81

Answer by Familygal81 at 12:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Don't allow her to sleep with you. Honestly, that is the only advice that will work. When she wakes up you just take her back to her room. Tell her that this is her bed and where she needs to sleep. The next time she wakes up just take her back to her room without a word. Tuck her in and walk out. Continue to take her back in silence until she eventually stays there. There might be tantrums, it might be a very long night, but eventually she will give in and sleep in her own bed. It might take a couple nights of this for her to realize she can't sleep with you anymore. Be consistant and don't give in. She'll understand eventually and she'll accept what you're telling her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have tried to let her cry it out 4 hours until I went and took her out of bed. She will scream for about 15 min then calm down and play for a littl ewhile then scream again but still no sleep. I am at a loss of what to do. As soon as I pick her up she is out in seconds. I try to put her in her bed she wakes up as soon as she hits the bed. And she will stay up all day too. I just dont know what to do anymore
    ArMyWiFeY81508

Answer by ArMyWiFeY81508 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009