How does wiping out the economies of entire cities help?

Our local news is reporting that if the House bill passes the senate, it will wipe out the one non-RV dependant industry in our area. The last stable employer in a 5 county area will be put under by the tax on medical device manufacturers. (oh and it will probably result in bankrupting one of the few companies in the country that makes prosthetics for children - so, sux to be a child amputee, too)

How is this going to help again?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, If everyone is in jail, they can make sure they are healthy, have good healthcare, and don't make babies.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It helps the libs with their goal of getting us under their control thru dependancy.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:20 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Right carpy make everyone have no choice but to be government dependents
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:22 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• ummm...I dont think a person posting their avatar can be a troll. I thought trolls were only anons who start random crap without the nerve to show who they are or the stuff to back themselves up. NP is fairly even handed and falls on both sides.

As for the OQ...I dont see where many long lasting jobs have been created from ALL this money and mainly what you here is them talking about shutting down CURRENT jobs (coal mines) to create possible new and maybe not substantial jobs (green jobs).  So far all they have touted are jobs saved...which cant be quantified.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Not being a pain, but I don't understand what you are saying. Can you direct me to a link so I can read it or would you clarify. Sorry.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:38 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• This isnt even a question
    Anonymous

• Np, I'm sorry. Your area has been hit hard already. We have to fight this!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Can you direct me to a link so I can read it or would you clarify. Sorry.

I gave you two
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• It is a crock o'crap! It is looking like I will be cutting salaries in January. Between the new state taxes and the new fed taxes I just can't afford it. Some of the items we manufacture will be hit by this excise tax. It makes me sick. I cut my costs to the bone on our medical items to make them affordable.

I was hoping to start a small pension plan in January. That won't happen though. I can't even think about the extra taxes for health care and cap and trade.

Sorry, my post is so disjointed. I am just upset. I put in a really long day today. It just seems like the harder I work to succeed the more my own government wants me to fail. This is supposed to be America, the country where dreams can be achieved.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Hi Everyone,

We've removed several answers from this question, and wanted to explain why.

We'd like Answers to be a place where everyone feels comfortable asking and answering questions. Ideally, when a mom posts a question in Answers, she'll get responses from other moms that address the question she's asking.

While debates around hot topics are welcomed and encouraged, personal attacks are not. We want everyone to feel comfortable debating their point of view about any topic without being personally attacked for their beliefs.

With that in mind, we have removed several answers from this question because they were personally attacking other members instead of discussing the original post.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2009