How come nobody is buying from my baby registry?

I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all, but the only person who has bought from my baby registry is my MIL. I am getting disappointed. My shower is Saturday and I don't know if I should feel this way or not. My sister is having the shower at her house and wanted to throw the shower for me. I have ended up doing everything from ordering the cake to making the invitations to buying the door prizes and coming up with all the games. Sorry for ranting I am kinda bummed b/c I thought the hostess was suppose to take care of most of this. On top of it the things I really need I probably won't get. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes people forget to turn in the sheet to the cashier or they go a day or two before the shower.

Anonymous

• Just be greatful. That is all you can really do. These are hard times for every one, and it could be that they shoped else where to find exactly what you wanted for less. Cheer up!

Baby showers are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• you will deffinately get stuff
    Most of my stuff was bought off the registry for only one reason, everytime they would ask what I needed my mom would say "check the registry, the info is in the invite"
    LOL
    but ppl also got a ton of stuff that wasnt on there, like clothes, diapers, towels, blankets etc? I think a lot of women, especially, would rather get something more personal.

so ppl will probably look at ur registry and get something similar from a store. if you end up with duplicates just return and get something no one got.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:51 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• The hostess is supposed to take care of all of that. Just because the registry doesn't reflect what people are buying doesn't mean you won't get what you need. Maybe people are buying things at different stores, or just forgetting to mention that the item is from a registry.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Seriously, two days before my baby shower, hardly anyone had bought anything...the same happened with my friends shower. By the time of the shower, almost everything had been bought, plus some stuff that wasn't even on it. Don't worry...I think 95% of people shop the day of the shower.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• There are lots of people in my area of the country (NC) that pretty much ignore registries. But it is getting a little better since I had my showers. These are hard times, as someone mentioned before. That may have something to do with it also.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:01 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I usually shop the day of the shower. I hardly ever buy anything in advance.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:08 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Registries are pointless because everyone but ur mom, MIL, and grandma will buy you clothes. LOL. Okay, that is exageration...but nobody bought from mine either. My in laws are all very brand savvy and have money, so they actually saw what I needed...and then bought me the brands they thought I should have. Also, most people are too lazy to mention that they bought from a registry (hence, the three toaster I got for my wedding...all from my registry...all the same kind). But really, I would just be grateful for anything you get. We choose to haev the babies, so we should be prepared not to get ANYTHING from other people and to buy for ourselves if need be...and if it turns out we don't have to, all the better. Just relax and try to enjoy the day. Although I will agree that having to plan stuff yourself is a little rude..unless this is a second baby and you got a great shower for your last.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My family spent t wo months telling me not to buy anything for the baby, to make a registery and let them know what i needed and I would get everything at the baby shower. Guess what I got at the baby shower? About a million onsies. I was so grateful I had bought the things that I did buy.
    Anonymous

• I never check registries lol. I have a basket I put together along with a large box of size three diapers. Many people may look at your registry and opt to purchase the same thing elsewhere at a lower price.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:28 PM on Nov. 9, 2009