Agree or disagree?

The difference between a real contraction and a braxton hicks contraction is, a BH contraction is uncomfortable more than anything and a real contraction makes you feel like you need to go # 2 during it?

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• disagree
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• When I had my daughter my contractions were so bad but it didn't feel like I had to go #2. I think I had those feelings before I went into labor twice. But that is just me.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Not always. I didn't have that feeling until it was time to push. Braxton hicks contractions are uncomfortable but they don't usually hurt.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Disagree
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i never felt i had to go to the bathroom during my labor contractions... so i would have to disagree.
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• disagree. for me, contractions felt just like BH contractions only stronger & longer. it wasn't til close to the end of labor that i felt i HAD to push thru the contractions.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I was always told if the contractions caused your cervix to change they were real
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I was just curious bc a few weekends ago I ended up in the hospital and was having contractions. They thought I was going into preterm labor. Everytime I had a contraction it felt like I needed to do #2 lol. Now that everything is back to normal I have been having a lot of BH contractions in the evening but none of them make me feel that way. I'm 37 weeks now thankfully!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Ambernichole I believe that's true but I don't know how to check my own cervix lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Disagree, braxton hicks and early labor contractions feel relatively the same (for me they did anyway). The main difference is that BH are irregular and do not grow in intensity, and real contractions will come at set intervals and slowly get more painful as you go along. Mine didn't hurt like...where I wanted to punch somebody until I was almost 7 centimeters...so the main things to look for is frequency. If they come at more than ten per hour and are regular...then they are likely real. BH may feel uncomfortable, but they will stop and start and be irregular.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 9, 2009