Has anyone tried hooked on Phonics with their pre-schooler?

I was thinking of getting hooked on Phonics for my 4 year old son and was wondering who has tried this with their children and what kind of results they got from it.

Schnookie

Asked by Schnookie at 5:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My Mom just bought one of the Hooked on Phonics learning toys. It has 4 books that can go into it and a little tiny screen and a mouse....I've haven't actually sat down and messed with it with them, but they've played it on their own and like it. Will he be going to Kindy this next year?
    KMK_Mama

Answer by KMK_Mama at 7:26 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Yes. My son is 3 and I bought the Learn to Read Pre-K Hooked on Phonic set for Christmas. It's great! The best part about it are the games for the PC. My son loves them and I teaches letter names, sounds, and blends. Another good item is the Leap Frog Word Factory DVD. It's really cool and teaches kids to spell simple works like cat, hat, bat, etc.
    ChiqChiq

Answer by ChiqChiq at 10:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2008