SO.. anyone know much about restraining orders?

My boyfriend's mother is crazy (mentally crazy), she's been hospitalized. She has stalked and smotherd her son (my bf) to a point where he dosen't want anything to do with her himself. She has harassed me and even been escorted away from our past home by the police. This woman is insane but knows how to get her way. My boyfriend wouldn't answer his phone time after time that she called, so she called his place of business! She found out that I was pregnant and proceded to tell my bf (when she called his work phone) that my child was "her blood" too. I want her away from my child and away from me. My boyfriend is completely fine with me getting a restraining order. I just cannot believe that I have to deal with this insane imbred woman!
Anyways, I was wandering if anyone has any pointers as to how to go about getting a restraining order for me and my unborn child. If you have had a similar instance, feel free to share

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Health

• Go to the Courthouse and get one. That's what we did when we had to get one. The clerk will give you the papers to fill out.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I don't know about your state but in NH (where I used to live) I had an annoying person harassing me and I called the courts to ask and they told me once you put a restraining order on someone if it's not domestic violence that it's for life and it doesn't get taken off. First you wanna check with your local court and find out the specifics on it. THEN if it is the same as I said think about if you really want her out of your life and the baby's life. I'm not entirely sure what the laws are. It was about three years ago when I got this information.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• thats exactly what you do....you have to have reasons though you cant just go get a restraining order just to have one...you'll get a court date where you and the mother will both have to be there...if she doesnt show up its automatically granted if she does you'll have to plead your case in front of the judge...but always remember the "grandparents rights" which i think is a load of crap if its your child you have the right to say who you do and dont want him/her around.....anyways she could always go back to court after the babys born and do the whole grandparents rights thing once again leading you back into court and pleading another case...the good thing is that you do have reasonable grounds for a protective order..just make sure you save all the paper work from her being escorted away and all that. GL been through this many times with my mom & crazy stepfather
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2009