How many pregnant Moms are getting the H1N1 vaccine?

I just got the H1N1 vaccine for me and my 1 yr old and I was just wondering how many other moms out there are doing it.

Familygal81

Asked by Familygal81 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just got mine today. I have never had a flu shot and don't usually buy into media sensationalism- but they got me this time:)
    My arm is pretty sore and I have been nauseaus all day- did you have similar side effects from your shot?
    Anonymous

• My arm hurts but I dont really feel nauseated at all.
    Familygal81

Answer by Familygal81 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• I think that once you get one you must get a booster. Your immune system is compromised with the Vaccine so it would be a good idea to get the booster too.

I think that the gov is asking to have another one in about 4 weeks after the first vaccine. I hope that I'm correct.
    Anonymous

• Got it last week. I feel fine!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• BTW- I'm 34 weeks.
    Mel_in_PHX

• Children are suppose to get 2 vaccines as far as I know but I think children over 12 only get 1. I was lucky that my WIC office was offering them so I didn't have to stand in a long line or anything.
    Familygal81

Answer by Familygal81 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Children are not supposed to do anything. I do not vaccinate and will never on my self or my kids. I am pregnant 19 weeks and im a mom but i wont get any stupid dumb shot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Im pregnant and just got my shot last week and i am 29 weeks pregnant. My doctor said i needed to so i just did.
    Casteel_chick

Answer by Casteel_chick at 4:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• H1N1 is this the swine flu jab or norm flu jab?

i am refusing to have this swine flu jab as they have not had enough time to test this on humans they have only tested it on animals so whats to say it wont effect the baby ? i am 24 weeks preg and my baby has a cleft lip and palate so i think he will be going through enough from being born let alone what the side effects are of this jab, the pros dont even no the pros and cons of this as its had to be made so quick and like every norm flu jab a new 1 has to be made yearly yr pregnant for almost a yr so their is no way the medics can say if this is 100% safe on the baby
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 6:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I got mine 3 weeks ago and I was 15 weeks at the time. I had planned on getting my 2yr old vaccinated but he got H1N1 instead.
    irishmama1007

Answer by irishmama1007 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2009