2nd baby shower??

I am having a second baby 2 years after having my first. My sister really wants to throw a shower for me- but I would rather have a "Welcome Baby Party" (party after baby is born so everyone can see her). I have told my sister this and she is insisting that I have a baby shower.
I am not comfortable with a second shower but she isn't listening to what I want. Any advice on how to have her see things my way? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Nov. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i once saw i baby shower that instead of buying presents everybody brought food that could be frozen for when baby gets here. that might be a compromise if you are uncomfortable with a baby shower
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I like the food idea, but I also heard of people just bringing in consumable baby products, such as, diapers, wipes, soap, lotion, etc. At my shower for my 1st someone gave me infant Tylenol and I never in a million years would have though it would have been gone by the time my DS was 7 months old due to back to back ear infections.
    irishmama1007

Answer by irishmama1007 at 7:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• well she should definitely not force it on you if you really don't want it! say "look, you are not listening to me. i am so happy that you want to throw a party for me, but i do not want a baby shower. i would much rather you help me out with a party after the baby is born to welcome him/her."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My mom wanted to hold a second shower for me, and I wasn't so sure at first. I did need some new things because I have a boy and am pregnant with a boy; however, I didn't want people to think I was greedy. While my first shower was pretty large, we agreed to keep this one to family and VERY close friends (15 total). It was more low key, and it was PERFECT!
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 2:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009