when is it about the right time to move in with a new guy that is not your daughters father?

my daughter is 2 1/2 she really. i was wondering when it is then right time that everyone thinks. and i have not been with her dad for about 5 months. please help me here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• listen to dr. laura
    MomEof2mj

Answer by MomEof2mj at 12:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Are you dating a man? Because 5 months broken from her father doesn't seem like very long for you to be with another man long enough to know him well.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• when he puts a ring on your finger. Call me old fashion but, after my divorce, my current husband and I didn't live together till a week before the wedding. I was taking any chances of putting my boys through another break up. This time I wanted to be sure, and a marriage is a little more difficult to walk away from then just a live in. If he loves you and your child then he should make a real commitment to you.
    HousewifeDawn

Answer by HousewifeDawn at 12:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• be careful who you have around your daughter. if it was just you id say move in. She is old enough to get pretty confused. I would wait till you know he is gonna be something more then a boyfriend.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• when you are married. Dont bounce around like that. Think about what she will be learning when she gets older if you keep doing that. Also you should take some time to yourself. I know its hard but its the only way you can really focus on your daughter and your needs.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Never...You have a child and the first concern should be her. What's wrong in you getting your own place for you and your dd? Since you're fresh out of a relationship,what good is it to rush things with another man? Give yourself and your daughter time to adjust to the newness of her not having her dad around before introducing her to another man and possibly the disappointment of another break up.
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 1:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• just so everyone knows i was with this person 5 years before i we broke it off. and i was with my daughters dad for about 3 years. so it is not that i do not know who he is. thanks for all the advice.
    ashley451985

Answer by ashley451985 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2009