If you were to go on an extremely healthy diet (not to lose weight, but just to be healthier) what would you eat?

I need some ideas other than fruits, veggies, salads, baked chicken and such. I'm sick of eating greasy junk food. I think if I eat healthier I'll generally feel better. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

AustinPsalm139

Asked by AustinPsalm139 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Substitute your coffee/soda/high fructose juices with WATER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• South Beach Diet. The eating plan is really healthy. You can also get the Moosewood Cookbook. It's a classic for healthy, vegetarian eating.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• cut out as many processed foods as possible, eat as organic as possible.. all those additives, chemicals, artificial sweeteners just build up in your system and create more problems than people are aware of... just live by the best rule of all - If god didn't make it - you don't eat it. oh, and by doing this, it will take your body about 1 to 2 weeks to detox... its not more expensive to eat organically, because you are cutting out processed foods...

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 12:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Abs diet or Eat Clean diet (both based on the same principles) Very healthy, good for weight loss maintenance, or even weight gain (especially muscle).
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My rule of thumb is to avoid buying processed foods. I never buy prepackaged meals (like hamburger helper) or really processed breads...my shopping list looks something like fruit, vegetables, milk, eggs, yogurt, grainy bread, and lean meats.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 3:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You will start to feel so much better it will be unbelievable! You will also realize that it is almost impossible to eat as many fruits & veggies as are recomended. (I would only use organic,since anything else is grown with chemicals) So I suggest finding a GOOD multivitamin to take,besides eating better. If you are wondering what a GOOD multi is, ask me. I take the best, it is organic.
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 9:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2009