How to lose weight QUICKLY??

My hubby needs to make weight and has to drop 10lbs by Thursday I need some ideas to help him. Anything. Please. Thank You In Advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Saunas, lots of water, extremely minimal carbs, run, jog or walk lots of miles. hope he can eat a lot after the weight record on thursday. he'll be hating life for the next 2 days.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 12:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• is he in the mil? tell him to take water pills they work for weigh ins. have him start asap. Don't worry if he don't pass they will put him on the fat boy program and he'll way in next time. duirex will help though
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 12:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Saunas and green tea! A laxative would help too :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If it's for the military, does he weigh in in the morning or the afternoon? The reason I ask is because you are actually taller in the morning than you are later in the day (lol - weird, I know, but true - by like 1/2 an inch). The military will round your height up or down to the nearest inch, rounding up for 1/2 or closer to the next full inch. So my dh is basically 6 ft tall. He measures at like 5 ft 11 3/4 inches in the morning, and about 5 ft 11 1/4 inches in the afternoon.

The difference in that 1/2 inch, affecting if they round up or down, is the difference of about 5 lbs. If he needs to lose weight fast, that 5 lbs can make all the difference...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• OP here : Yes He is in the Mil. and they JUST told him there will be a weigh in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I know that there's been some changes in policy recently. I know that at my dh's command, they weigh in every month now, whether they're on mandatory pt or not. But the good thing with that is even though they weigh in, and if they're over weight they're put on the mando pt program, it's NOT entered into their permanent service record - only the twice a yr ones that they do along with the official pt test. (Now, if this is being done with an official pt test, that's different.)

gl!

Oh, my dh also said that now, every time you transfer, even if you're exempt from a PT cycle because you got there less than the something like 8 or 12 weeks they give you to acclimatize to the new command, they will still make you weigh in and that gets recorded as a PT score under the weigh in part, instead of just an N/A in the whole thing.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• First off, some of these comments are ridiculous and dangerous. The most important thing is to help him not have to have the weight issue in the first place. We are a Military family and my husband has many soldiers who do these kind of things and still fail at the weigh in. You are damaging your body for a quick fix. Since I started our business, I get to help the soldiers lose weight and keep it off by doing something the Military started in Ft. Bragg.

There was an article posted in USA Today about the use of shakes and bars which take away the cravings for the things that put the weight on and also enable those who are building muscles to keep building muscle mass, such as body builders & weightlifters. They are meal replacements and have been a huge success. So please be careful ladies. Start changing the diets and what you cook in the home. I hope that helps.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 1:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2009