children and nightmares.

lately my six year old daughter has been having nightmares she saw the movie coraline and now she has bad dreams. that was the first time the second time it was something else what do you reccommend I do to help her threw the night.
when I was younger i used to have bad nightmares all the time I just do not want my daughter to go threw the same thing. also I and her father are going threw a break up she says she is fine but I do not know how she will really feel once he leaves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I used to go threw nightmares as well, and also had a haunted bedroom growing up, I think that you should really just tell her that it's ok and that that Angels are with you, nobody will hurt you, the doors and windows are locked. No one would ever hurt you. That sometimes people just have nightmares not to think about them, because they aren't true. And comfort her with the break up of your relationship. Maybe allow Him to come and see her. Honestly the break up isn't good for a child. I hope that she will be okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My 5 year old son goes through night terrors! They are terrible and I feel so bad for him. I have noticed that limiting his TV watching and only letting him watch G Or PG movies has helped to decrease these situations.
    Dani12381

Answer by Dani12381 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2009