Has anyone had Mirena inserted?

I'm scheduled to get the IUD Mirena in a week, and before doing so, I'm researching it to make sure it's a good choice. I wanted to know any experiences you've had if you've had it inserted. Did you like it?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Health

• there is actually an iud group on CM and i was gonna get the meina until i read some of the posts on the group and heard horriable things about it and that everyone who got it had it taken out i got the paraguard. there r no hormones it lasts 10 yrs and as soon as it gets taken out u can start trying for a baby and with merina u have to wait to get reg again cuz it makes u stop bleeding. i bleed for about a week after it got put it and it didnt hurt just uncomfortable nothing more than a pap though. it have nothing bad to say about it so far and i have no crazy hormones running though me and its effectivness is right up there with sterilizaition.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Here are some links to my journals about my experience with the Mirena. I refuse to recommend it to anyone. But, it's too much to tell here, so I'll just post links.

Journal 1
    Journal 2
    Plus, I have two or three post-Mirena posts, giving an update on how I was feeling the day it was removed, almost a week after, and a month after.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I had my period spotting for about 9 months and that was fine then my period stopped and i gained 15 pounds in 3months all in my stomach. I just took it out on thur and i am happy i did. I got my period and my stomah went down
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I tried the diaphram. yuck it's horrible i couldnt use it. Gross it hurt putting it in and then i couldnt get it in right. ewe. Condoms!! thats what i'm using
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:47 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I've decided on the withdrawal method, lol. It worked for 5 years w/ my husband and I, until we decided to have a baby. It's not like it would be bad if I got pregnant again anyways...I was just going to get the Mirena to help with cramping, but it sounds horrible.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2009