why r men so dumb?

so one of my SO's friends got tickets to the patriots game in new england and he was pissed b/c its his fav team and he decided he wanted to go even though i told him no cuz we could barely afford our rent this month. the game is dec 22nd. so he is going to have to take time off work and so am i. which is going to be loosing around 400 b/w he 2 of us which is almost our rent. he has to buy a ticket, pay for a hotel, gas to drive there from MI, prob talking at least 500 total. i bust my ass working all i do is work and he just got back from columbus, OH a few weeks ago going to a football game and now he wants to go there. continued in response

monroemommyof2

Asked by monroemommyof2 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I have the same problem and it seems like they always try to flip it on you and make it seem like your being selfish and not thinking about how they want to have there male bonding ... and no you have a right to be pissed I can't understand how some men don't get it that they have a family now and all that shit has gone out the window the moment they decided to have a family .. just as we sacrafice they should too .
    DIANAT323

Answer by DIANAT323 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i get home and he tells me he is going to new england, i freaked out. its not responsible, i told him he has a family now and there is no way we can afford it esp with xmas, the boys bdays in jan, and his bros wedding where we have to pay for his tux and his sons tux and now he wants to take a little vacation i dont think so i cant even remember the last time i took a vacation i work so i can support my family like any parent does not taking time off to do something fun when u dont have the money. i have never been so mad at him. u have no idea he had nothing to say for himself he ended up going to bed if he does go when he comes back he will be coming home to an empty house cuz me n the kids will be gone.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• if this is how he is gonna be wasting our money on stupid shit like this instead of paying bills then i am done. its so irresponsible of him after we already talked about it and he decides to make a decision like this i dont think so. am i out of line or do u think i am in the right. i am seriously pissed.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It sounds like you are thinking right. I would feel the same way you do. He needs to understand bills and family comes frist ! Do what you have to do, some men never chnage.
    MCNETT_MOM_68

Answer by MCNETT_MOM_68 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I think you have it right. Bills come first.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Bills come first, But I encourage My Hubby to have fun, we are going to have tons of fun cumming soon! My Husband and I live one day at a time. We believe in the Lord and pray every day and night, so we never have to worry about anything. :) Put your life into the Lords hands, and your family shall be very taken care of along with having fun activity and vacations! But Yes! Your right, and Yes My Husband agrees, I was reading this subject to him. He said you should be mad! He needs to be realistic, and taking off before paying bills, is wrong! What if u couldn't afford it? You and your family would loose all, because of him! Tell him to give you 500 dollars before He leaves, or there is going to be a serious issue between the two of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• we cant afford it i have no idea where he plans on getting the money for all this we were late on our rent this month b/c were so broke and he wants to spend about 500 to go out of town
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• eye rollingbanging head into wallsarcasm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Men are not dumb! They are extremely smart. Your guy has you eating out of the palm of his hand and all the while, he's living foot loose and fancy free. That's brilliant, if you ask me. As long as you are so very responsible about paying the bills and taking care of everything, he can just enjoy his freedom and play with his friends. I really believe he has outsmarted you, and if you leave, he will find another woman who will be willing to do the same thing. He's in complete control, calling all the shots, and loving it. How is that dumb?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You have a right to be pissed, he is NOT thinking or acting like a responsible adult he is being a selfish little boy. When you are married with kids, the family and bills come 1st, and grown ups fun and good times come in dead last-- after everything else has been taken care of. I think you are going to have to ask him point blank where he thinks he is going to get the money to finance this trip from. You may have to tell him that if he goes on the trip, to not bother coming home. If you have a joint bank account you may want to go to your bank and open your own account- and start putting your money in it asap. That way there will be money set aside for the bills and kids.
    I hope your husband will grow up and start taking responsibility for his family, and stop being a selfish child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2009