Breastfeeding blues?

I know a lot of mom's get a feeling of euphoria when breastfeeding due to the release of oxytocin, but does anyone every get a sort of down feeling, like a drop or sinking? I seem to be experiencing this while breastfeeding and it worries me about the whole bonding process.

ristosmommy

Asked by ristosmommy at 2:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, yes. Some moms do. Look up D-MER. It may help.

Here's the good news about the bonding process...most of what you read is bullpuckey. You bond by BEING there. As long as you're not trying to throw the baby out the window, you're bonding just fine. Because that's all bonding is...infant self defense! **grin** Newborns are pains in the butt. We'd EAT them if they weren't so cute.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:33 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I remember that when I was first BF it would make me really sleepy to the point where I would actually doze off.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• well i HATED breastfeeding for the first few weeks. actually maybe for about 2-3 months. i never really got a high while BFing or anything. my son is still nursing at 2, and we have a great relationship so i don't think it hurt in our situation. i just didn't like it because it made my nipples feel uncomfortable (didn't hurt but didn't feel good either) and it was exhausting! hang in there, it gets sooooooo much easier!

oh and i definitely got the sleepy thing in the first few weeks like jenelle said! *yawn* sometimes nursing would make me feel like i had just swallowed a big dose of nyquil!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2009