have you ever gotten a ticket? what for?

my first was when i hydroplaned into a fence post, i got a ticket for failure to maintain control of my car. well duh. if i had had control the accident woudlnt have happened lol

the only other one was a dead county sticker lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got one for not having a DL with me. I lost it and had not gotten it replaced yet. So I got a $10 fine. I got another for failure to yield because this B**** slammed on her brakes in front of me and I rearended her. She even told the cop that she missed her turn, so she slammed her brakes without warning. Didn't matter to the cop.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 3:33 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• If I remember correctly I got a ticket for speeding, no seat belt and for a head light out.. I don't think I had any others LOL...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Nope....never.
    Ah jeez...now I jinxed myself...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Other then tickets for expired plates or parking stickers (which would go to my husband since he's the primary on the car, lol) I got a ticket for failure to make a complete stop at a stop sign. It was such a bogus ticket but I didn't fight it because technically I didn't come to a full stop, but who does. I was going so slow coming up to the intersection that I had more then enough time to judge that there were no cars at all on the cross-street, nor were any turning on to it. I was around the corner from my house and didn't see the cop turn behind me. I was so pissed.
    I've seen people barely even slow down at the corners and I'm the one that gets the ticket. That was 6 years ago and it's the only ticket I've ever gotten.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I got one on Memphis, TN for speeding. I was on my way home from Dallas to KY. I had 3 of my kids with me.

I got another for speeding in a school zone! I know sounds bad, but their were no kids out. My kids were late and I was trying to hurry! Warning to all...even when all the kids are already in school, the speed limit is still as posted! lol
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• 2 speeding tickets and a parking ticket.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• The first ticket I ever got was on my 30th birthday for speeding. I'd been stopped plenty of times, but always just given a warning. I was completly surprised when he wrote me a ticket and as he handed it to me he said, "Happpy Birthday". What an ass!
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I was kind of troubled in my late teens. I got 2 tickets when i was 17, both within a week of each other. the first one was theft and the second was possession of drugs and paraphernalia. thank god i was 17 or it would have been jail for me.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 9:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I had a $5.00 fine for having a head light out on my way to work one night, it was 10:30PM.

Damn fool cop at the Beaches where I worked ( lived in town ) said," Do you know you have a headlight out?" I said,"Yes." He got my info, came back and said,"Being you knew you had a headlight out I'm citing you." I said," I didn't KNOW it was out til I got in my car and headed to work. You asked if I knew it was out, well YES I knew it was once I got on the road and saw it was out! Its my only transportation."

He said,"It's not a major fine and headlights aren't expensive, just get it fixed." "Now or when I get off work at 7 am?" He looked at me...I about shouted...well you met your quota for the month!

It was the 25th, I remember that. Like I purposely drove around with it out.

I hate when they ticket those for failure to maintain control of a car on a wet road...then control the oily slick flipping road and tires then!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Oh... I went by NAPA the next morning after work......got the headlight.....and went and paid the fine and showed them I bought a headlight......I even told the clerk about what he had said.......they just shrugged their shoulders..........with the good thing you bought a headlight.

The next night, I saw a cop in the same parking lot.......whether or not it was his or not... I flashed my high beams off and on and honked my horn as I went by........damned fool! That irked me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2009