Effects on the baby before conception?

Is the baby effected if the dad smoked weed and cigarettes? I know if he does it around me now it is bad but im saying before. does it effect his sperm? I know it it supposed to lower sperm count but I am pregnant and the doctor said the baby is developing well.

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Believe your doctor. The weed smoke from your babys fathers sperm can't live forever in you. Just make sure youare not smoking or drinking and from here on out you should be fine. Stay away from second hand smoke too. I had to pound that into my bf's head. I still have to remind him sometimes, but we have to protect our babys.

Answer by Queentdi at 7:19 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• if the doctor says you are developing well and you are measuring right then i wouldn't worry about it too much... if you want peace of mind then you can make sure you're doing everything you can like eating right, taking prenatal, orange juice (brain development)

Answer by Ambreelulu at 9:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You can not change what happened in the past worring about it will just add stress to you that you don't need while being pg. Just make sure you are aware of what you do and what you are around not while pg. Good luck I wish you the best and Congrats. Enjoy being pg if your dr says baby is healthy do your best to keep your self in a healthy enviroment and you and baby will be fine.