My 6 wk old son doesnt like to burp but when he has too he will grunt an move all around than i will try to burp him an it takes me about 5 mins to burp him! anyone know any tricks to gettin him to burp?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried putting him on your leg when you're sitting down and lightly bouncing your leg while supporting his neck?
    squeakers2

Answer by squeakers2 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• what kind of bottles are you using? He may not be getting any air. We used Dr. Brown bottles and she never had to burp! may just be he doesnt have any air to come up and he as wiggles it gets in there.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We are using first year soothies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Put his body in lay down position then put him back up to burp. try to burp him on your lap holding his head for support and patting his back. that way he is sitting up. the lay down get back up method always worked for me
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We bounced my son to get him to burp... we put him upright on your lap, supported his neck and bounced...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Some kids are harder to burp. He is burping. I'm not sure what you are expecting? Not all babies will burp the second you pat them on the back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• lay him on his back and push his legs to his chest. it'll hlep push the air bubble up. It might help make it easier to burp. THen just try different positions and change how hard you tap his back. or rub/tap from the bottom upwards. All kdis are different so like/respond different things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i have a neice that was born a month premature and while she was in the NICU this is what the nurses showed my sister to do. They told her to sit her up adn hold her under her arms and make her body move like she is doing a hula dance or like she is twirling a hula hoop. It really works. Just an idea
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My son did the same thing at 6 weeks, he would be so fussy when it was time to burp. It turned out that he has acid reflux so burping bothered him. That my not be your LO's issue but it's another way to look at it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2009