Christians what's with all the drama in your religion?

Aren't you all christians? If you all claim to be christians and you all read same bible why do you guys always come up with reasons to fight between different sects of your religion? It really makes no sense. Who are you to say catholics mormons jw or any other sect of christianity is not christians? I am posting this because I last night there were some posts talking about your religious sects and people were fighting about who is christian and who is not, don't you all basically believe the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no drama for me, op. the 'fightings' come from people reading the same sentences, but understanding it differently. for me, anyone with half a brain can tell symbolism from realism..in other words, the majority of the biblical scriptures is black and white, with a little prophetic/symbolic 'grey' thrown in here and there. different people interpret scripture, well, differently. its like the color aqua/turquoise: one person describes it as ''blueish green'', and the other says ''greenish blue''..its still the same color, no? people want to be right and not wrong; pride gets in the way, and hence, they argue.
    there's really no point in most of it, for they argue over minute aspects of scripture. there is but one defining moment in a xtians life, and that is the moment they became a xtian. (IMO) the rest of the time, they strive to live up to the name, or should strive to. xtians are still human, though.
    :)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• thehairnazi
    why do you take Christ out of Christian and add an X not bashing just curious
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No drama for me , I go to church & mind my own business. I don't care what my friends views on religion are.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 7:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• In the early church, the first few letters were sometimes used as an abbreviation for a whole word. In this case "Christ" begins with the greek letter " "CHi" which is, in their alphabet, an "X". So, you have "Xtian" as a shortened form of Christian. And 'Xmas' for Christmas.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Because we are all a bunch of cross-wearing drama queens. Have you ever read the bible? It reads with more drama and excitement than an afternoon soap. LOL!

Anyway, that was my obnoxious, "I'm-Tired-of-the-Drama-Myself-not-to-Mention-These-Types-of-Questions" answer.

In all seriousness, I agree whole-heartedly with what TheHairNazi and MomMorgan said. BTW, Hair, thanks for the explanation, I always wondered about that, you know, how "Xmas" came about...
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Seriously. The only drama I've been is right here. LOL
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• No, we do not all believe the same thing. Some believe strictly the Bible and nothing more, such as myself. Some believe the Bible and what the church adds to it. Some believe the Bible and what man adds to it. Some elevate the church or man above the Bible and follow them first. So, it is a touchy subject. I for one don't take kindly to people adding or taking away from the very words of God. Will I fight with the person? no, I can't really change their mind can I? But I will stand my ground and defend the precious Word of God. Healthy debates are OK, but nasty fights on the subject don't benefit anyone. They just put everyone on the defensive and nothing is accomplished ;-)
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I've been asking myself the same question for years. Yes we all basically believe the same things, but for many people that just isn't good enough. Some people think that only they are right and will fight to the death trying to prove it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• no one should break into sects although they have . its work from the devil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• It all comes down to interpretation. All christians pick and choose what they're going to follow from the bible. I can look at every single christian I know and find a way in which they're not following the letter of the law laid down by the bible. I know the bible very well but it's not my holy book which gives me a good perspective on these arguments.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2009