Christians, how do you explain Noah's Ark to your kids?

Do you believe in it literally as told in the bible. If not, how do you explain the story to your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I absolutely believe it literally from the Bible, and that is how we teach them. My youngest is named Noah, so every time we talk about it or read those portions of Scripture, my 3 year old believes we are talking about baby brother! LOL
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I remember how my parents used to tell me. they would just tell me a watered down kids version of the story. I don't believe the WHOLE earth was actually flooded that's just ridiculous. but i do believe Noahs world was flooded- does that make sense? but honestly they never had to go into much detail because as a child i would believe anything i was told, when i started questioning things it was much much later and i could find the answers for myself.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 9:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I believe it as it is written and that is how I teach my children. It states that the entire world was flooded and God set a rainbow in place so that it would remind us that he wouldn't flood the world again.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Just read them the story straight from the Bible. No need to explain the truth. It does that for itself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• The whole world was flooded. Genesis 7:21-23 (New International Version)
    21 Every living thing that moved on the earth perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; men and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds of the air were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.
    Why do people have to get in to false beliefs by saying that it was only a regional flood? And why is it that it's usually those trying to get a higher education who have to get in to a bunch of scholarly reasons not to believe the bible?
    And, you don't have to explain to your kids that no children were saved in that flood.....they can come to that realization later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I personally find it VERY amusing when I hear people say that the whole earth wasn't flooded, only Noah's little part of the earth was flooded, AKA "localized flood". Here is my question....IF it was a localized flood...why didn't Noah just move??! Why did he waste ALL that time building a huge boat according to God's specific specifications, getting all those animals on the boat ect...? It took nearly 100 years! I really see GOD and Noah being smarter than that, if it was a localized flood, God would have just told Noah what He was going to do and sent him and his family away to another area. Honestly!!! LOL
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 4:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• oh, and not to mention that the Bible is VERY clear that it was a world wide flood :-) 

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Gen 7:12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 4:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• p>Gen 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
    Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
    Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
    Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
    Gen 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
    Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
    missionarywifey

• MissionaryWifey, there are over 500,000 identified species of land animals. Multiply that by two for boy/girl, and there is no way a million critters all fit in the arc. How do I explain that to my kids?
    Anonymous

AGREED
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2009