Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to find a new place to live...I am in the low income bracket and need cheap housing...

where can I start to look? Is there housing programs out there that will help me? I need to leave my fiance because of something that he did last night and I need to leave soon. Not only did he slap my son but he left a scratch mark on the side of his face when he slap him on the face. and also my fiance took off my sons glasses and threw them to the floor and now they dont fit right...I need to go get them fix after just getting him new ones 3 days ago. I am done with my fiance..i should say ex-fiance....I really need some ideas on what I can do. Ladies please help.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • it's not that easy though the waiting list are very long. the fastest way to get into low income housing is to go to a shelter that way you can get emergency housing. That waiting list goes alot faster. Call your local assistace office and they can also direct you in the right direction. Sorry for what happened and thank you for protecting your child and leaving him. good lluck

    Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 7:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • I would so be calling the police and having his ass locked up. No one slaps my child and gets away with it. With him gone you could stay where you are until you are able to find a new place?

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • There's a program called Tenant-Based-Housing-Assistance....They give you coupons like Section 8 towards your rent, and usually they help pay for moving costs, and security deposit...You have to find a place and present it to them, just google Tenant Based Housing Assistance (in your state) and all the info will be right there, good luck and stay smart!

    Answer by mumma28 at 7:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • call your local Women's crisis center. They will be able to help you with this whole situation. They will help you make a plan, they know all the resources out there.

    Answer by robyann at 7:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • I believe that most of the government housing have long waiting lists right now. You might look into a shelter. If that doesn't pan out, I suggest you call the churches in your area. A lot of times, there will be church members who have rooms or apartments that they use to help people just like you. Rent would be very minimal, and you would be in a safe and secure environment surrounded by people who will love you. I pray that you have learned from this experience and will be much more cautious about future relationships.

    Answer by NannyB. at 8:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • that is abuse right. i dont think he meant to scratch his face...but that is abuse right? he has been abusive in the past nothing physical...we are trying to work through...but then this happened. i just want to leave

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • yup, try HUD

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

  • i have a home to rent in miami florida,it is a 3 bedroom flat

    Answer by beautydrains at 8:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
I dont know what to do

Next question overall (Adoption)
Concurrent Planning