when is it ok to start putting a baby in a play pen?

me and my husband and kids are in germany but will prob be going to the states in feb. My son will be 4 months then and we will need to put him in a play pen i'm just wondering would he be old enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use the Packn'plays by Graco. They serve as cribs as well as playpens. So there is no reason why you can't start putting him in it while he is still a tiny infant.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I used the one that i have for my son right after he was born. He loved sitting in it and laying on his tummy when we were outside. Its also had to use it when we got a new duty station and didnt get all of our stuff right away. I had to have a place for my son to sleep. He is 5 months now and he does just fine. Never and jamed fingers in the netting. He cant sit up on his own to try that anyways. But it will be fine dont worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Im 6 wk old sleeps in one instead of a crib
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I used one for naps every so often from day one.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i used them for naps from day one too! and then when she could sit up and roll if i had to do something upstairs or down (like get laundry) i would put her in it so i knew she was safe! They are safe from day one just like crib just make sure you dont have it full of toys that can harm them!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• no reason not to. The concern is when they are too large and can climb out. Just be aware that until they are sitting up, it can be hard to put them on the bottom of it and you may need ot use the basinette park if you have a pack n' play.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• my son was in a play pen from time to time started at a few weeks old. i don't think they are every too young for one. just now my son is too big. :) he's 2.

my cousin's baby slept in a play pen instead of a crib for like a year i think
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• My daughter has napped in one since she was born. We use Graco.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 10, 2009