Should I keep bugging the teacher???

Teacher called one month ago and said my child has trouble sitting still and focusing.I started her on Focus Factor and L-Theanine(they give this to kids in China for ADD) and boy she is a different child.Homework went from one hour to 15 minutes and she is reading whole books without distraction!!!She is getting good grades.The teacher was recommending a specialist to get involved if my child didn't shape up.I have noticed a change and have heard NOTHING from the teacher in the last month and a half.Also I get a questionare from the specialist a month after the teacher called. Her reading teacher said she is doing much better but I haven't heard anything from her either and I had talked to her and requested a note on how my child was doing??We have a conference in Dec but should I keep bugging the teacher and why can't the teacher write a little note saying that she is doing well or the same????I am upset with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would go up there myself especially if I did not hear anything for her & you keep writing notes & such. If that did not work then I would go higher up & complain about it. I know each teacher (at least in my area) gets at least 1 hour everyday to do teacher conference & other things needed with no kids. Good Luck.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yes keep bugging them. This is your child's education. No one cares as much about it as you do. With public schools, it seems you have to make your self known. If you have to then go up to the school. You could call the office and ask when the teacher's free period is and show up then. Remember they work for you!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 7:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You should look into it. This is your child and her well being at school must be followed up even though her teachers are being lax in getting back to you.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 7:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yes, keep buggin!
    testosteronemom

Answer by testosteronemom at 8:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yep, keep trying to get her to answer you. It is important to your childs education that the teacher be in communication with you and she is not doing her job at the moment.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I would go to the school - seeif you talk to the teacher on her free period- or maybe before school starts. if not have them schedule a time sometime soon to talk to her. if u don't get anywhere- go to higher up.
    kimber2465

Answer by kimber2465 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Not to be rude but teachers these days are lazy and could care less we are the only ones who look after our kids interests I had a HELL of a time getting something done with my son and having him tested for an IEP 2yrs later it happened..so keep on the teacher and who cares how mad he gets or how rude he thinks you are!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i am a teacher, you deserve to know how she is doing, i would write another note, if she didnt write back within a few days i would go sit in her class to observe for myself, most schools have an open door policy if they are public. and chica679 -- we arent lazy we are overrun! the squeeky wheels get oil. if a school took 2 yrs to get my son an iep, i would consider it a failure on my part for not pushing to get it done, but i know the laws and know what they have to do and the legal timeframes.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Teachers (most I've ever talked to) do not feel like you are bugging them! They are thrilled when parents are actively involved in a child's education. It saddens me but there are so many parents that don't and could care less. They are busy don't get me wrong, so a follow up call or note from you helps.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Try emailing the teacher if possible, that seems to be the best way to get a response. You are not bugging the teacher at all. Remember, the teacher is a person with a million things on their mind and several kids to keep straight. They may not realize you have a concern.
    mommyjenny2009

Answer by mommyjenny2009 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2009