I really need help...my fiance slapped my son on the face last night..totally uncalled for..he knows that I dont like that..anyways his fingernail scratched my son face..is that consider abuse?

He has been emotionally and mentally abusive in the past and he is going to couseling to try to work on it..but what he did last night I would consider it but I have also been told that I tend to over-react. Am I thinking on the right track? Maybe some of you are thinking well yeah its abuse and you shouldnt even have to ask, but I am and I just need some kind words and support from you ladies. Please...I am just asking for some help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Umm the slap across the face alone is considered abuse. How old is your son? Is your fiance his biological father? He will get in even more trouble if not. What a jerk!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• call your local shelter and or call the police! do you have family? go to them and do what you can to start your life without a low life scum
    Anonymous

• I'd leave that asshole!!!! MY SON will ALWAYS come before some guy. ALWAYS!!! I'd never be with someone who would lay a hand on my child. Why are you trying to make excuses for an abuser?!?! It will only get worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Kind words... sounds like you are trying to justify his abuse. Yes, it's abuse... if anyone outside the home notices and calls DCFS, YOU WILL get your son removed from that home. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• Kind words and support? What do you mean?

You need to run not walk away from this man before he seriously hurts one of you or CPS takes your child away.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• He's mentally, emotionally, and physically abusive...am I over-reacting??....UM NO!!!! GET OUT!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Sorry I know it's hard...although choosing the safetly of yourself and your son should NOT be hard...you need to leave this asshole.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 8:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• that IS abuse. no excuse for it, don't accept or ask for an apology or justify anything...you need to call the police for the safety of you and your child
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:52 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• even ifyou dont call the police or take that kind of action.. you need to get away... do you want your son growing up thinking thats rite... and him doing that to his kids an his wife??.. no.. you want the best for your child.. its not rite.. my mothers with an abusive man he pushed her... hit her and nows shes married to him.. let me say my kids never go over there... its not rite and i wont justifie that... get out.. i hes going to counsiling then leave for a while.. until he can prove to you that hes changed.. maybe he is trying but you dont want to put your son threw that until then.. get out of there
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I just called the women's shelter and they are gonna be giving me a call back in an hour or so. should I also go to the police and file a report? i thought he really was gonna change...but he isnt..he hasnt even been trying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2009