Mirena ?/ problems

I have had the mirena for 9 wks now. I know there is suppose to be spotting, but to be honest, I have spotted for a while, along w/ getting my period and now I have been bleeding for 2 wks straight, almost 3 wks. My dd is 5 months and between this and my post partum bleeding, I havent really gotten much of a break from this. Is this normal, or does this not agree w/ me? They say its 99.9% effective, well let me tell you, its working 100% for me!!! UGH!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bled for 6 months the spotting. then it stopped and i looked preg with the gut i had. I took it out on thursday. got my period and my waster back. I just felt bloated all the time yuck. I'm much better now. the bleeding will stop don't worry.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• OP here, I am noticing that I am starting to gain extra weight also, almost 5 lbs or so. Not much, but what will it be in another 9 wks? EEK!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• it's normal..i spotted for a good 2 months after i got my mirena put in.....and after every period, i spot for a week, so technically i have a two week period....blah..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2009