Meeting at an art institute with my son...need help please

My 17 yr old son(will be 18 next month) has an appointment with the Art institute of Las Vegas. He's really excited about it, as he wants to be a certified broadcast engineer. He has been working building a recording studio with a friend of his, and has done several recordings, remixes, and set up sound stages at various events here in the city. I really want this to be a good thing, however, I don't know exactly what to ask the man who will be doing the initial interview. How do you know if a school such as this is legitimate? What are questions I need to ask him? And what are the "red flags" of a school that is not upfront or "legit"?

And just general standard questions, what would they be?

Anyone who can help me out here I will be ever so thankful to.

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 9:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would ask for accrediation certificates.graduation/hire rates.take a tour look around at the types of people in the school and the teachers/instructors, you can get a good sense based on that...I would turn away from anyone who pushes payment issuesThey should give you a run down but that shouldnt be the bases for the interview-most legit school have lots of literature, class schedules, scholorship information, financial aid, clubs stuff like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2009