Adopting my little cousin.. She can't go with her dad or i'll call CPS!

I haven't seen my little cousin in 5 years! Her mom and dad were bad on drugs and kept calling my mother and I wanting money and we refused so they moved away as punishment for taking their daughter away. The mother left him with her 1 month ago. She was so bad on drugs, she didn't even recongize her daughter half the time. The dad, My moms nephew, has been arrested over 10 times. He has several DUI's and a revoked liscense. He had more drug charges than I would think is even legal. Not to mention, he's a complete and total alcoholic. I just now found them on myspace not too long ago and he has pictures of him smoking weed and her standing in the background and I can't stand it. I'm going to go for guardianship of her.. Can I get her? Especially with those pictures as proof! I just can't sit around and let her stay with him.. IT breaks my heart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• **Moved away as punishment. They felt like they were hurting us by taking her away from us. Just thought I'd fix that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• You aren't a very close relative. I think you would have to be her foster parent first. If the child lives in another state it could make it difficult.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I think that you need to get right on getting this little girl in a safe home with you then do it NOW. If you know where they are then go there now bring CPS with you and take this helpless little girl home with you and to be with her family that loves and care for her the healthy way that she needs to be treated. Good luck with you and this situation. Act now before something bad happens.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009