Question for those who use Paypal.....

My husband is deployed right now and uses our Paypal account to have access to money. I want to purchase a few items off of Ebay for our son but I'm nervous that when I go to check out through Paypal it will only give me the option to take money from the Paypal account which is something I don't want to do because that money is my husband's. Does Paypal give you the option to take the full amount directly out of your bank account?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Shopping

• Yeah, if you shop on ebay and then go through the paypal checkout it will allow you to click a link to change the funding source....you could use the bank account on file or a debit or credit on file.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• yes you can set it up to pull directly from you checking or savings
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yes. Like the above says, you can take it directly out of your checking or savings. Do not worry pay pal and eBay both have it where if you do not receive an item or it is broken or not working you can return it and get your money back or pay pal will refund it. I am going to warn you do not respond to any emails from pay pal until you call them first. I get fake emails all the time.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 1:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• go to www.paypal.com and make the changes where you have a back up or you can sit it to come straight from your bank account .
    shawnanapier

Answer by shawnanapier at 5:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Yes, you can have it come directly out of your checking account, or you can pay with your credit card.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 11:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• And check the paypal account regularly. It is not unhackable. I have taken many disputes over the years from charges to credit card from paypal. Usualy the funds are still in the paypal account but can cause havack on your funding account such as credit card or bank accounts. So keep a close eye on that. What they do is hack in and have your account pull funds from the bank or creditor on file and put into the paypal account. Then they try to send bogus charges to your paypal. Ive seen it so many imes on credit cards but then it happend to a family member that used the bank account. $3,500 withdrawnt sent to paypall. Overdraft fees and such to the bank account and paypal was great. they recognized the bogus charges for a cleaning service in Bogata for almost 2,000 and denied it. And paypal is realy good about that. Just keep a close watch.
    Roharn

Answer by Roharn at 4:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have mine set up to where when I go on eBay and pay for the item and it has me login to PayPal, I can choose to have it taken out of my bank account or have it use my debit card. The difference between those is if you select bank account it takes a few days for the transaction to complete and then the debit card takes it out immediately just like if you bought something from the store. You have to set them up thru PayPal and setting up the checking account takes a few days to complete bc PayPal will deposit like two deposits of like $0.15 and you have to log on PayPal and type in what they depoistted, basically verfying that that is YOUR account. I set my debit card up just a few weeks ago and all I had to do was go to PayPal and type the number, exp. date, and 3 digit number on the back and it let me use it immediately. I'm addicted to eBay and buy my daughter stuff on there and setting up the debit card was easier.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Totally! no worries
    Stashdesign

Answer by Stashdesign at 10:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009