Is it easier to press your breasts with your hands to pump milk than to use a commercial pump?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I rented a hospital grade pump for the first few months after I had my youngest son and it was SO much easier than the pump I had bought after my first child was born

Answer by missanc at 11:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I don't know if it is easier, but it is more time consuming.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Electric pump is easier, takes less time, and is less tiring. HOWEVER, for some women, electric pumps do not work so hand expression is the only way.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• i was never able to get much milk at all with hand expression. i had a double electric pump that i used a few times a day.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I could never get a drop out through hand expression. I had a double pump also and it still takes time.
    Familygal81

Answer by Familygal81 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I used a manual pump. Hand expression was only good for me if I was extremely engorged in the shower. I wouldn't have been able to make it go in a bottle.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• no, it takes longer. is good if you just want to express a lil
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Oh gosh no......hand expression is for someone who is milking a cow, lol! I wouldn't have survived without my Medela Pump in Style.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2009